Monday, June 15, 2009

The Tale of the Cursed Ankles

Hello everyone! It is so good to be back now! I walked into my home and just felt so happy.

Don't get me wrong, it was so much fun to spend the week with my niece and nephew, and even more fun for Keith, but as Judy Garland was want to say "There's no place like home!"

Sadly, my computer has gone kaput. It doesn't even turn on now. I think it just isn't my fan. But Jeffrey assures me that it wont be for long. See? I must be the luckiest girl alive. My husband can fix anything!

So now for the fun news. I had to laugh a lot.

Where we were it rained every single day.

The poor kids had to be cooped up in the house and I felt really bad.

On Friday there were blue skies, so we all got excited to go outside to the park.

And then it happened.

Keith was playing on the bed (it's roughly four feet off the ground or so) and rolled off onto a pile of pillows. Since the pillows broke his fall, I figured everything was alright. And then he stood up.

I think he almost broke the window with the decibels of his scream.

I figured he was just scared, so I picked him up and we cuddled for a little bit. I eventually put him down because I wanted to get things done that day. He immediately sat down and started screaming and holding his foot.

This went on for most of the morning so I called his doctor. She wanted to see him, so I got to pack up the kids and we went for a two hour drive back to my house.

We were locked out. I have two deadbolts, and my neighbor who had been picking up our mail for us accidental locked the one that there is no key for.

Not very fun when you have three extremely hungry kids.

After a bit of panicking and lunch, my neighbor got home and let us in.

We got to the hospital for x-rays, and guess what? Keith decided he wasn't hurt all that badly and started walking around the room for the first time that day. I was a little embarrassed.

Nothing broken (as he so timely demonstrated for us) and he got an ace bandage. We then got to drive two hours back home. I felt really bad for those poor kids.

And then guess what happened the next day?

I somehow hurt my ankle and it was nice and swollen and I couldn't walk on it.

Go figure, right?

I just thought the irony was too much, and had a good laugh.

And, it was raining again.

But we did have a lot of great bonding time.

It's good to be back.


Capt'n Amazing's wife said...

What an adventure! I'd be so worried, and then yeah kind of exasperated after all that driving!

valentine said...

oh no! that totally sucks. rainy weather all week and a hurt ankle. poor kid.

* { Shannon } * said...

I'm glad your hospital trip wasn't serious! About 2 months ago I rushed Isabelle to the hospital and insisted on an MRI because she had a headache. Of course, as soon as she went in the machine, it went away :) KIDS!!! :)

Emily said...

That's.... hilarious? :)

I had a similar experience, only I was the one who was sobbing in pain and went to the doctor only to find nothing broken. I felt like a big baby. But it really did hurt. I promise.

Welcome home. :)

Angela S said...

Wow, what the adventure! I hope your ankle is better in no time!

Amy said...

It was an interesting day to say the least. Thankfully everything turned out alright.

I think it was a lot harder on me than it was on the kids. They got some good playing in the house and even a trip to a museum, so they weren't too bumed about it all.

That is too funny about the MRI. I seriously think the kids plan these things just to make us appreciate them and their antics more. I am glad she was alright.

I am sorry that you had to deal with it. I am glad it was nothing serious. Pretty embarrassing, don't you think?

My ankle was better by morning, thanks for the concern. :)