We went to my mother's house for lunch. She then watched the little ones whike I went Christmas shopping. I am making most of the gifts for family, so had to run to several craft stores. No one had what I needed, so had to give up for the day. That was sad, but I did get a lot of other things I needed. Then my mother and I puzzled over a pattern but eventually had to leave it. We were still puzzled.
When evening came the kids and I piled into the car and went to get Jeffrey from work... and to see the lights. If any of you reading this is in UT at all this season, I highly recommend you head on over to Temple Square to see all the Nativities they have and to see the liights. Absolutely breath taking. We got the Reader's Digest version (you know, abridged) and it was still worth it! I carried Faye round in her super cuddly snow suit my cousin gave her. I actually worried about her over heating. When we were adequetly frozen and tired we stopped by the Navoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for some hot chocolate. That cocoa is so rich it should be renamed. It felt like we were drinking liquid brownies. It was intense. Really, I have a hard time with that much chocolate but some people really love it.
All in all it was a very full and wonderful day. Soon we will be having another similar, only filled with ginger bread house making with Paca (grandpa). Looking forward to it.
And here is my Gratitude list for February.
I am thankful for:
- The discovery of Cafe Rio salads. I am now a converted follower. Delicious! Insanely delicious.
- The D.I. near my house and for the great things people give away. My chair is still my favorite piece of furniture in the house.
- The Denny's that decided to give away a free Grand Slam to anyone and everyone who wanted one. Also, I have great friends who told me about this fabulous deal and came with me to cash in on the long lines (insanely long) and free food.
- Also, National Pancake Day. IHOP gives away a free breakfast of pancakes. I love free food, and free pancakes is near the top of my list. Yum!
- Our song. We never had a song before. One day I walked into the house and he was at the computer. As soon as I got into the computer room, he turned on some cheesy music, and started dancing with me. What a darling!
- Jeffrey's job that gave us a movie projector. Lots of movies can now be watched on the big screen!
- My funny little boy. I love watching him grow and discover, and he provides me with hours of entertainment.
- I didn't know it yet, but at some point in this month I got pregnant with Faye. I am so grateful for that!