Saturday, January 10, 2009
I am a romantic. In all senses of the word:
1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of romance; characteristic or suggestive of the world of romance: a romantic adventure.
2. fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas.
3. imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc.
My poor hubby. He is not a romantic in the least. Not in any of the senses of the word.
So, I decided to take it upon myself to make more romance in our lives. While we were dating sure, there was tons of romance. Now, not so much.
I also like to make lists. I asked Jeffrey if he would help me make more Romance in our marriage. He said yes! He patiently waited as I gathered my colored pencil and a paper and together we came up with a recipe for romance.
1. Frequent Temple attendance.
2. Expressing gratitude for each other.
3. Thinking romantic thoughts.
With these three things we will eventually fall into a deep romance and be stuck there together forever, oblivious to life and everything in it. Everything except our babies because they are a by-product of our romance. What bliss. Sounds like my kind of life! What are some ways you add romance to your lives? Remember, I love all kinds of romance.
Speaking of romance, Keith had a little affair of his own. We were in the check-out at the grocery store tonight when their eyes met. It was love at first sight on both ends. He reached, trying to touch her hand. She smiled shyly. When he could, he gave her a huge hug and would not let go for the rest of the time in the check-out lane. Just in time for Lover's Day, don't you think?
His little heart says "You make my heart jump" They are best friends now.